Did you know workplace bias loss cost is projected at $64 billion annually? When it comes to biases, we must understand that in the absence of details, our unconscious minds will fill in the gaps with information based on our lived experiences and that of others.
In this session, participants will learn that we all have inner storytellers-or biases that should not be exclusively viewed as good or bad. Instead, we need to become more conscious of whether the story being told is still relevant, helpful, and positive.
Key Takeaways Include:
- Discover What Implicit Bias Is: Through thought-provoking discussions and thought exercises, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of what implicit bias is, how it develops, and its implications on our everyday interactions.
- Understand Various Types of Biases: We will explore the most common types of biases that wreak havoc in the workplace, including race, gender, age, and more. We can begin to dismantle the stereotypes that hinder progress and foster empathy and understanding.
- Breaking Down Biases to Understand: We will dissect biases to identify their real-world impact in the workplace, community, and home. By shining a light on these hidden narratives, we can take proactive steps towards creating a more inclusive and compassionate society.
- The Effects of Implicit Bias on Self and Others: Implicit bias not only affects those on the receiving end but also influences our own sense of self and worldview. By examining the emotional, psychological, and social consequences of implicit bias, we will empower ourselves and others to break free from their limitations.
- How to Address Implicit Bias as an Individual and Organization: As a Whole Knowledge alone is not enough; action is crucial for fostering meaningful change. We will explore effective strategies to address implicit bias on both an individual and organizational level.
Kenston is a seasoned leadership speaker, trainer, and coach with a passion for empowering individuals and organizations. He is the founder and CEO of Live With Lyfe, LLC, a talent development company, where he leverages his 20+ years of experience in Human Resources to deliver transformative presentations and training sessions.
A certified John Maxwell Leadership Speaker and a TEDx Signature Speaker, Kenston has delivered hundreds of presentations across 35 states and extended his impact internationally, reaching audiences in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and South America.
His expertise is further solidified by his authored books, “Winning Conversations: How to Communicate Successfully and Courageously about Race” and “Parenting Like a Boss: Intentionally Committed.”
He created an online course, “Cultural Transformation in the Workplace: The 7 Keys to Create and Cultivate Racial Equity,” further demonstrating his commitment to fostering inclusive and equitable environments.
Kenston lives by the quote, “If you’re doing lyfe alone, you’re doing it all wrong,” reflecting his belief in the power of community and collaboration. His goal is to ignite, inspire, and empower the champion inside each individual, driving personal and professional growth.
The Zoom link will be included in the registration and reminder emails.
$20 - members
$20 - non-members
Central Minnesota SHRM (CMSHRM) reserves the right to use any photograph or video taken at any event sponsored by CMSHRM, without the expressed written permission of those in the photograph or video.